Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Fishing Report March 17, 2010


I woke up Tuesday morning extra early which was a good thing as the phone rang about 20 minutes after I was dressed. One of our cool captains had some boat trouble, we’ve all been there, and needed a back up captain to cover a fishing trip. I jumped into action and met the client at Fish Tale Marina by 9:00 a.m. Paul and Grayson Gable, who made up a father and son team, were from Pasadena, MD. They were both enthusiastic anglers with years of fishing experience. We headed out to a ladyfish hole and waited for the warm tidal waters to come in. Afterwards we jetted to the flats in Estero Bay for non-stop Sea Trout action. Grayson boated several 3 pound trout while his dad Paul completed several double headers. Being that they were from the Chesapeake Bay area, I was surprised to hear that our Sea Trout were much larger than theirs. It was a nice warm day and we used popping corks combined with jig heads to catch the trout. One pompano hit this hybrid setup as well. The Gable family was a fun group to fish with. I appreciate receiving the trip and I always give back so I owe you one captain!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home